catering engineers faqs

CPS Gas engineers is a company who specialises in servicing gas equipment in local and commercial setups. Our catering engineers are well trained to handle and execute all gas-related installation as well as maintenance services. We operate throughout Kent, Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex.

Catering Engineers FAQs

Many clients have lots of questions on how we operate as well as some of the requirements of authorities regarding safe gas usage. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions by our clients.

Yes, all traders that own and operate trailers that have gas equipment are required to get certification for their gas equipment every six months. This helps in improving safety as well as a means for the authorities to control the trailers activities.

Yes, the law requires that every extraction system be cleaned annually. This is mainly done for insurance purposes as well as being the requirement of local fire chiefs before inspecting the premises.

Yes, it is recommended that an extraction system should be installed for anything above 7Kw. The extraction system built by catering engineers has to be gas interlocked. The extraction system must also come up to current gas legislation.

Yes, legally as the landlord you’re required to have all the gas equipment on the premises serviced yearly, the equipment should also be certificated annually.

Yes, you are required to only hire a qualified professional Gas Safe engineer to inspect or work on your gas equipment. You’re also required to employ a Gas Safe engineer working on your LPG gas equipment too.

A gas interlock is one of the main requirements to guarantee the comfort and safety of all kitchen staff. If the ventilation on the kitchen is not working well, dangerous gasses such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide can accumulate and build up in a room.

Both carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide are dangerous gasses that pose massive health and safety concerns on the kitchen and nearby staff.

The safe gas register replaced Corgi as the body in charge of gas registration in Britain on 1st April 2009.

If you have any other queries or want to find out more about our services as commercial gas engineers, please call us on 0800 211 8082 or email any enquiries to We will be happy to assist you further.